NOTE : The download links below are no-longer valid.
The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers as well as adventurous enthusiasts. According to Microsoft, this software may not be stable. Hence, it has advised against using it in a production environment. In other words, install it only if you know what you’re doing. Better still, be safe, and install it in your friend’s PC.
Note: The setup file has been packed in an ISO image that must be converted into installation media stored on a DVD or USB flash drive.
Windows 8 Developer Preview System Requirements:
- * 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- * 1 Gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
- * 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- * DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
- * Touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch.
Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64): DOWNLOAD (4.8 GB)
Windows Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64): DOWNLOAD (3.6 GB)
Windows Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x86): DOWNLOAD (2.8 GB)